Nutzungs- und Teilnahmebedingungen
- User Account and Profile 2.1 Upon registration, a user account and a user profile are created for each participant. The information in the user profile can also be viewed by other Users. The User can supplement the user profile with additional information. 2.2 The respective User is solely responsible for the design of the user profile and all content displayed on the user profile. The User represents that the contents used by him or her on his or her profile do not violate the rights of third parties and in particular that he or she does not violate any third party intellectual property by using them. 2.3 The User represents that the personal information provided by him or her on his or her profile is accurate. 2.4 Should the User notice an unauthorised use of his or her user account by third parties, he or she will inform STAR FINANZ immediately.
- General Rules of Conduct 3.1 The Users are obliged to treat each other with respect. Insults, lewdness or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. No content may be used which is insulting, defamatory or vulgar, which violates the privacy of other Users or third parties or which violates applicable law. In particular, the User undertakes not to use any content for which third-party property rights exist without having the necessary rights of use for the specific use. 3.2 If the User violates an obligation according to section 3.1, STAR FINANZ is entitled to block the User's user account and user profile and to exclude the User from participation in Symbioticon.
- Scope of Permitted Use 4.1 STAR FINANZ grants the User a limited, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Platform and the services, content and functions provided through it for the duration of use of the Platform. Apart from the rights expressly granted above, the User is not entitled to any other rights. In particular, a use of the Platform for commercial purposes is excluded. Mandatory legal rights of the User remain unaffected. 4.2 Within the scope of using the Platform, Users are also enabled to integrate third-party content, such as images, videos, texts or functionalities of third-party providers and to share these with other Users on the Platform.
- Availability of the Platform 7.1 The right to use the services and functions available via the platform exists only within the framework of the technical and operational capabilities of STAR FINANZ. STAR FINANZ endeavours to ensure that the use of the Platform and its functions is as uninterrupted as possible. However, temporary restrictions or interruptions may occur due to technical faults (such as interruption of the power supply, hardware and software errors, technical problems in the data lines). 7.2 STAR FINANZ may temporarily restrict services, as far as this is necessary to ensure the security and integrity of the technical facilities, to carry out technical measures that serve the proper or improved provision of services, or in the event of the occurrence of unforeseeable technical disruptions, such as in particular the interruption of power supply, hardware or software errors or technical problems in the data line. In such cases there is no entitlement to use the user community.
- Limitation of Liability 8.1 STAR FINANZ is liable for intent and gross negligence. For slight negligence STAR FINANZ is only liable in case of a breach of an essential contractual obligation (cardinal obligation), the fulfilment of which makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on the observance of which the User may regularly rely. In case of slight negligence of essential contractual obligations, the liability is limited to the amount of the typical and foreseeable damage. The exclusion of liability does not apply to damages resulting from injury to life, body or health or in the case of a guarantee or liability under the German Product Liability Act. 8.2 STAR FINANZ is not liable, if the circumstances causing a damage are based on an unusual and unforeseeable event, which STAR FINANZ has no influence on and the consequences of which could not have been avoided despite application of the necessary care. STAR FINANZ is also not liable for failures or disturbances in the technical infrastructure outside the area of responsibility of STAR FINANZ. 8.3 Claims for damages against STAR FINANZ, as well as against employees or agents of STAR FINANZ, generally become time-barred one year after they arise. This does not apply to claims for damages (a) resulting from intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty, or (b) resulting from injury to life, body or health, or (c) in case of fraudulent concealment of a defect, or (d) on the basis of the assumption of a guarantee for the condition, or (e) under the Product Liability Act. 8.4 The provisions of this section also apply in favour of the employees, representatives and subcontractors of STAR FINANZ to whom tasks have been delegated. 8.5 Insofar as the provision of the Platform, the granting of the opportunity to participate or other service components are provided free of charge, the statutory warranty and liability provisions of sections 599 and 600 German Civil Code shall apply. In this case, the statutory warranty and liability provisions are not extended by this contract. This also applies if remuneration is owed for the provision of further services.
- Term and Termination 9.1 The contract is concluded for an indefinite period. 9.2 The contract may be terminated by either party at any time. The User and STAR FINANZ may also declare the termination of the contract by deleting the user account. 9.3 Upon termination of the contract, the User's access to the user account ends and the user account is deleted.
- Registration as Participant 1.1 A participation in the Symbioticon hackathon requires a registration and the joining of a team. 1.2 If the information provided in the registration is inaccurate or incomplete, this can lead to the exclusion of both the individual participant and the entire team. 1.3 There is no entitlement to registration as a participant. STAR FINANZ is entitled to refuse registration without giving reasons.
- Team Profile 4.1 When a team is founded, a team profile is created for such team. The information in the team profile can also be accessed by other Users. 4.2 The respective team members are solely responsible for the design of the team profile and all contents displayed on the team profile. The team members represent that the contents used by them on their team profile do not violate the rights of third parties, in particular that they do not infringe the intellectual property of third parties. 4.3 Each team member represents that the personal information provided on the team profile is accurate.
- Tracks, Tasks and Tech Partners
5.1 Teams compete in different groups with different tasks ("Tracks"). When setting up the team, the participants choose which Track they would like to participate in with their team. Each team can only participate in one Track. A change of Track after the start of level 1 is only possible after consultation with STAR FINANZ. STAR FINANZ can refuse a change of Track without giving reasons. More information about the different Tracks and the respective task can be found at https://symbioticon.de/de/hackathon
5.2 The teams are supported in the development of their product ideas by Tech Partners. During Symbioticon, Tech Partners are available as contacts for queries, inspiration and application tips.
- Order of Events
6.1 Symbioticon starts on 10 October 2020 at 23:59 and ends with the final on 30 March 2021.
6.2 Symbioticon is carried out in five phases.
• The "warm up" will begin on 10 October 2020. From this date, Users can register on the Platform. Registered Participants can form teams from this date.
• Level 1 is expected to take place from 6 November 2020 to 8 November 2020. During this period, the teams will develop their product ideas and present them via the Platform.
• Level 2 is expected to take place from 11 November 2020 to 24 November 2020. During this period the teams will substantiate their product ideas, develop first prototypes and receive feedback from other Users.
• Level 3 is expected to take place from January 2021 to March 2021. During this period the teams will develop a first product version in the form of a so-called minimum viable product ("MVP"). The MVPs are made available to a small group of people for testing purposes.
• The final will take place in spring 2021. During this final, the best team from level 3 will be crowned "Champion".
6.3 For a detailed description of the order of events, see https://symbioticon-https://symbioticon.de/de/hackathon.
6.4 STAR FINANZ is free to make changes regarding the implementation of Symbioticon, especially regarding the time schedule, for technical or organisational reasons. Such changes will be announced to the participants via the Platform in good time.
- Requirements for results 7.1 During the hackathon, the product ideas, prototypes and MVPs ("Results") developed by the teams will be evaluated in various rounds by a jury and by the Users of the Platform. 7.2 In order to be taken into account in the hackathon, the Results developed and presented by the participants may 7.2.1 not contain, display, describe or (expressly or otherwise) refer to any content that is likely to damage the reputation of STAR FINANZ or other companies of the SFG; 7.2.2 not contain any unlawful content; 7.2.3 not contain content that infringes the intellectual property, personal rights, privacy or other rights of third parties; 7.2.4 not collect or store device or user tracking information such as GPS locations, device ID or similar without the express consent of the data subject; 7.2.5 not contain any advertising.
- Badges 8.1 In levels 1 to 3, teams can collect awards in different categories ("Badges"). 8.2 A detailed description of the Badges can be found at https://symbioticon.de/de/hackathon.
- Awarding of Prizes and Determination of the Winners 9.1 The hackathon is divided into three competition phases (levels 1 to 3, cf. 5.2). At the end of each competition phase, the respective winners will be determined from the remaining teams. 9.2 To determine the winners, the results of the teams are evaluated by a jury and the participating Users ("Crowd"). In determining the winners, the evaluation of the jury is weighted with 50% and that of the Crowd with 31%. Additionally, the Badges collected will be taken into account with 19%. 9.3 STAR FINANZ awards the winners with attractive prizes: • After completion of Level 1 on 8 November 2020, the five best teams per Track will be identified. Each of these teams will receive 2,000 EUR and the opportunity to participate in the next phase of the competition (level 2). • After completing Level 2 on 24 November 2020, the best team per Track will be determined. Each of these teams will receive a further 10,000 EUR and the opportunity to participate in the next phase of the competition (level 3). • After completion of Level 3, the winning team will be selected on 30 March 2020. The winning team will receive a further 20,000 EUR for the further development of the Results. 9.4 More information about the jury and its members can be found at [...]. 9.5 In particular, the jury will take the following criteria into account in its decision: • In Level 1, the jury takes particular account of the idea of the respective team, e.g. in terms of innovative strength and pitch. • In Level 2, the jury takes particular account of user-centricity, technical implementation or feasibility and business potential. • In Level 3, the jury takes particular account of the practical implementation of the idea through the results presented, the market potential and the extent to which the idea fits with the SFG. The exact evaluation criteria and their weighting will be communicated by STAR FINANZ before the start of each competition phase and will be available transparently throughout the entire competition phase. 9.6 The team members themselves are responsible for the distribution of prize money among the team members. Taxation is the responsibility of the members of the respective winning team.
- Rights to Results 11.1 The rights to the Results developed by the participants belong to the respective participant or team. 11.2 The participant represents that the Results developed by him or her in the course of his or her participation do not infringe the rights of third parties. 11.3 The participant grants STAR FINANZ a worldwide, content-unlimited, simple sublicensable and irrevocable right of use regarding his or her results in all known and unknown types of use for the purpose of the implementation of Symbioticon. STAR FINANZ may use the Results in particular to • evaluate and check Results; • to inform about Symbioticon as well as to advertise for STAR FINANZ or SFG - especially on public websites and in social media channels In the context of STAR FINANZ's use of the Results, Results can also be made available to the public. 11.4 The granting of rights in accordance with section 10.3 shall continue to apply after the termination of the contract. 11.5 The legal responsibility for the Results developed by the Participant lies exclusively with the participant. The participant is in particular responsible for 11.5.1 the use of data, content or other resources in the development process; 11.5.2 a violation of statutory regulations or the rights of third parties.
Symbioticon is the saving banks finance groups annual hackathon organised by the Sparkassen Innovation Hub (S-Hub). In recent years, the concept has already gone far beyond a pure developer competition. The fusion of Hackathon, conference and networking event brought together different interest groups. The teams created trend-setting product ideas for the Sparkasse of tomorrow - the best won highly remunerated prizes.